It has been awhile! Well I made a trip down to I-O-W-A this weekend and also got a little touch of the flu. So lots of fun and then lots of not so fun! But I am no longer sick and back on track I guess, as far as blogs go.
First of all, I am right now watching the Presidential Debate and so far, I feel it has been rather ridiculous. I don't understand why the two candidates just continue saying "he did this, he did that" and then when that guy responds they just say "I didn't do this, but he did that and he did this." It is rather hard to tell who really did what and where they are coming up with it and how to believe one word or the other. McCain does seem to have more factual evidence against Obama through use of what he voted for or didn't vote for and what he has spent or not spent money on. All in all, Obama is probably the worst choice for President I could probably think of. :)
So, on to other things. Iowa was a lot of fun. The drive is never the fun part though. I really do not like driving the four hours it takes, it is so boring and I do not do ANY speeding along the way so sometimes it gets really annoying. Although, when I was down there in February was probably the most annoying drive of all, it took me 7.5 hours to get home, snow and ice under the snow made it really difficult to go very fast at all. I was mainly worried about the other cars on the road, some of them were driving TERRIBLY. One good idea when the conditions are that way, do NOT sit on the brake!!!
Well among other things, I stopped at Hobby Lobby. It is a great store with lots of great things in it! Whenever I need to decorate a house or apartment or whatever, I will most likely stop there for good things. They sell their stuff at really cheap prices too. That is probably the best part. Anyhow, I love their scrapbooking section, they have a huge one and its cheap and great. But something else I got this weekend, was a painting kit. Its of a sunset with palm trees. I have been working on that this evening, so far I'm not too sure I am liking how its turning out, but I think once I finish it, it will be AWESOME. At least I am hoping! :)
And I think I will end things there because this has really been a lot of random talking about nothing, plus I could really use a shower right about now. So until other days.... :)
Being a Mom
14 years ago
1 comment:
JULIE!!! Its you licking the mississippi river!! i love it. I still have all of those pictures.
Post a Comment