Friday, October 24, 2008

current events

Well this week was rather interesting. I had a very tough time waking up all week long, I probably stayed up too late the nights before in some cases, but in others I guess I was just being lazy. Oh well I guess, maybe I will do better next week!

First thing I want to talk about is how one of the saddest days in college basketball was yesterday, the 23rd of October 2008: LUTE OLSON RETIRED. I am sad, well happy for him, but sad for myself. I love Lute, he really is an awesome guy. I think I should throw in a couple of GREAT pictures here so that will justify my "tribute to lute" or "salute to lute." hahahahahaha. I HAD to say those, they made me laugh when I thought of them. Anyhow, here they are:

Well the next topic of discussion is how I am really not enjoying how the weather is turning to cold. I can handle chilly every now and then, but the temperature in Minnesota likes to go into way too freezing cold for me! It will probably be about 10 degrees in about one more month, I sure hope not. What I am also hoping is that the snow will hold off for a long time. I give the weather permission to snow on December 24th and then melt on December 26th and turn into 70 degrees by January 8th (the King, Elvis Presley's, Birthday!). Yes, I know what you are thinking, and it's true, MY birthday is one day after Elvis'!!!! We are pretty awesome in that way.
That is a nice lead into how I want to go to Las Vegas just for Sir Elton John's Red Piano show/event. Last year when I was there they were setting it up and doing the advertising, I was way excited. I am really just a feaux(sp) Sir Elton John fan, you've got to be just because of how ridiculous he is. You just cannot NOT love ridiculous. The reason I am a faux(sp) Elvis fan, is just for that small fact I previously shared, the birthday thing. Its also ridiculous, and if you know me, you know ridiculous (or that I love ridiculous and saying ridiculous things). I like good laughs, that cannot be a crime.
Well on that note, I think I should go to bed, so I can wake up for work tomorrow (probably late again but I sure hope not!). It's only a "half day" at work tomorrow, I don't mind going in on Saturdays just because its not really tough work, they have breakfast or lunch catered in and sometimes it can be verrry delicious. Besides, I haven't worked a Saturday in a long time, probably a good month and a half or so. Anyhow, hopefully this has been an enjoyable read, and I have one more thing to finish off with...... :)
So my best friend Natasha, wanted to see what I am looking like lately, since we haven't seen each other in person in waaayyy too long! Therefore I am posting a couple of pictures of myself, well just one really, but in two different ways. The first one is just the normal picture with no editing effects, the second was edited at my newest FAVORITE website picnik.com. It is a way awesome website that you can do MANY cool things with your pictures. I was just trying out random things with this photo that I am posting, but I am sure better pieces of work will come along eventually, but I am way excited to use picnik in my scrapbooking endeavors. I LOVE it is the bottom line!!!! :)









1 comment:

Natasha Holmquist said...

aww Jules! You look so pretty!!! I love you!!! And yes you are ridicuolus! But gosh, So am I!!